Wednesday 13 June 2012

Ketamine

Today I'm not going to write about feelings.

Occasionally they bore me, so I figure they'll probably bore other people, too.

There's another reason why I can't talk about feelings today- I'm en route to Glade festival, to work with my charity. I'm in a van with Chris, (lovely, hyperactive, practical, dog owner) and Caz (lovely, mellow, red hair, van owner). It isn't that people don't have feelings when they go to festivals, but the drive is a fun one and I havent got the right head on to go deep.

In the summer my charity tour around the festivals making money by facepainting, selling teas and coffees and raising awareness about world stuff by delivering workshops. It's fun, hard work and worthwhile, but at the same time I get a bit scared of all the fourteen year olds walking around on ketamine and pills.

Glade is a dancey one. Dance, electronica, folktronica and other genres people have made up on the spot for the brochures and the website. I found out today it's £180 a ticket. £180 A TICKET!!!! What?! Who pays that? To have an experience you won't remember because you're too f**cked up on class A's. Don't get it.

Having said that I am looking forward to it. It's the only festival I'm working this year because I'll be in Zambia for the rest of the summer. I'm looking forward to spending time with Caz and meeting new people. I'm looking forward to painting cocks on the faces of the people who annoy me and to not taking drugs.

I'm going to try and blog between the rush hours, but if I don't it's because I'm delivering first aid on a child with too many horse tranquillisers in it's system.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment